It’s been a long time coming, but we finally get to worship together again! We have been sustained and kept by the Father’s grace and mercy. Like the psalmist, we can say we were glad when they said to us let us go to the House of the Lord. We get to greet each other again, although it may only be an “air five” or “elbow bump.” We get to see each other face to face and not just on a ZOOM call. Most importantly, we get to lift our worship as “one” to our King.
Our intent has always been your safety and health. That hasn’t changed! We are closely following the guidelines given to us by NY state and the CDC. As a result, here are some new protocols you need to be familiar with:
- A mask is required to be worn at ALL times while in the building.
- Upon arriving, everyone must stop by the welcome desk to have their attendance logged and their temperature taken.
- Please maintain social distancing. No hugging, handshaking or getting closer than 6 feet to another person.
- Ushers will be seating you in specific rows and seats to maintain proper social distancing. Families arriving together will be seated together. We will be utilizing the Master’s Den (Lower level) for additional seating.
- Only one person at a time will be allowed to use each bathroom. You will be instructed by an usher to wait in the lobby until a bathroom becomes available.
- Tithes and offerings will not be collected via a passed basket, but can be dropped off in an offering box. You can also continue to give on-line.
- At the conclusion of the service, all congregants will be asked to remain seated until they are dismissed by an usher.
Additionally, we have enhanced our already thorough cleaning procedures. This includes a comprehensive cleaning of all restrooms and various touch points (doorknobs, handles, handrails, etc.) after each service. Also, hand-sanitizing stations have been installed in the lobby and by the bathrooms.
There will be No KidsZone at this time. It will be resuming in later phases of the church re-opening. Please continue to use the KidsZone resources on our YouTube channel.
As per NYS mandates, there is a limit to the number of people we can allow in the building. Thus, we are asking that you please register. Online registration will remain open until 8:30 am Sunday or until all seats have been reserved. Since the number of seats are limited, your reservation will be honored till 10:15 am.
If you register for a service but then are unable to attend, please email email@example.com immediately since your seat is being held. We will be leaving a small portion of seats available for first time visitors and those unable to register on-line.
As always, if you don’t feel well or you feel uncomfortable returning at this time, please stay home and enjoy church via livestream. Also, if you are elderly or immunocompromised, we encourage you to continue to enjoy the live stream from your home.
With much joy and anticipation,
Pastor Joel Sadaphal
and the Leadership Team of Living Word